Friday, November 13, 2009

To Cry You A Song - The Worst Metal Album Ever Made


I've put together some fun (and admittedly different) compilations, but I figured it was time to switch things up a bit. So what I have for you today is the worst metal compilation I could scrape together. This was actually easy to do as only 32 songs out of the 22,000+ I've listened to received the lowest rating. Of those 32 songs, some were from non-metal bands and so didn't belong here. I also included only one song from each band (some had more than one awful song), which further reduced the possibilities. I then removed a few fringe-metal bands, and voila!, The Worst Metal Album Ever Made.

I kept the CD under 60 minutes, but that was probably more due to self-preservation as I couldn't really stomach another 20 minutes worth of this crap.

To be fair, I haven't actually listened to any of these songs since the first time I heard them, so one or two may not be as bad as I originally thought. On the other hand, there's way freakin' way my tastes have changed that much, so what I thought was shit then is most likely still shit now.

Before I list the tracks, I need to warn you: I am not responsible for any physical or mental conditions suffered while listening to this disc, including, but not limited to: bleeding from the ears, nose, eyes, or gums; fainting; rashes; uncontrolled flatulence; vomiting; explosive diarrhea; or temporary insanity.

Shit Tracks:
1. Venom - Aaaaaaarrghh (2:24)

2. Manowar - The Warrior's Prayer (4:20)
3. Seventh Seal - The Unicorn (5:41)
4. Vigilante - Disharmonic Memories (6:59)
5. Max Webster - Let Go the Line (3:33)
6. Guns 'n' Roses - My World (1:22)
7. Civilization One - 16 (4:36)
8. Def Leppard - All Night (3:38)
9. Empire - Maximum (3:54)
10. Krokus - Move It On (3:28)
11. Metallica - Purify (5:14)
12. Mötley Crüe - Glitter (5:00)
13. Slayer - Born of the Fire (3:07)
14. Wizard - Fuck Your Ass (2:06)

Albums:
Don't even worry about it.

No comments: