Sunday, November 22, 2009

Good Times Bad Times...

In recent Top Ten posts, I postulated that 1985 may be the weakest year in rock and roll. I was wrong, but not by much.

I calculated the average of each year's top ten albums, and there are actually 10 years worse than 1985, including three I've posted so far: 1993, 1994, and 1996. I had written about 1993 and 1994 being down years, but didn't realize just how bad they really were.

I also posted that I thought 1984 was the strongest year so far, and I was right about that. But, it's not the best year in rock and roll. I won't give that away just yet, but trust me, you'll know soon enough which year it is. And as I get a bit closer to the end of the top ten posts for each year, I'll also post the averages. It's an interesting list, and the third best year was a big surprise to me.

No comments: