Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moonlight and Madness...

The mighty Sava... er, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is back in town! I took a break from the show last year (I had seen them the previous five years), but I'm going again tonight and really looking forward to it. If you've never seen them live, it's quite an experience. On stage are the 16 touring musicians and singers, plus some members of the local orchestra.

The show is always loud, rocking, and exciting, and is visually entertaining too with lights, lasers, stars, snow, and fire. I believe the Savatage members in this version* of the band will be Chris Caffery, Alex Skolnick, Johnny Lee Middleton, Jeff Plate and Bob Kinkel.
*There's another version that simultaneously tours the Western part of the U.S. One year I'd like to see both versions.
True story: In 2006, I waited after the show to meet the band and get my tour program signed. All 16 performers were there, and when I got to lead female singer Jennifer Cella (who is both incredibly talented and unbelievably gorgeous), she asked me if I was sitting in an aisle seat. As it happens, I was in the 7th row on the floor, center section, in an aisle seat. I said yes, and she said she saw me during the show. I thought it was pretty cool that she noticed me (especially since there were about 14,000 people there), and I have to be honest, my mind started racing with some completely implausible and wildly unwholesome thoughts!

Tonight promises to be a great evening. I'll fill you in on the details soon.

No comments: